At some point, you’ve probably tried those flavored baked pretzels that are found in almost every local supermarket’s snack aisle. I decided to attempt my own version of these, going with the honey mustard type.
These honey mustard pretzels are so simple to make but have so much more flavor than the packaged version. With only a couple of ingredients, these are a fun and healthier alternative snack to all of the preserved varieties. (Be sure to let these completely cool and dry before packaging, the honey will still be sticky when it comes out of the oven.)
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 35 mins
- 12 oz. sourdough hard pretzels
- 2/3 cup of vegetable or olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, yellow mustard, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Crush up the hard pretzels into bite-size pieces and pour into the honey mixture. Mix until all of the pretzels are completely covered.
- Pour the pretzels onto the baking sheet and spread them across the pan evenly.
- Bake the pretzels for 30 minutes, tossing the pretzels halfway through baking.
- Remove them from the oven, let cool, then store them in an airtight container.