Salads are wonderful; they are healthy, vibrant and full of nutrients. Sometimes, though, you need a bit of flavor to kick your vitamin-packed dish up a notch. Creamy sesame miso dressing is a delightful and satisfying flavor to top any arugula or romaine salad dish. Giving off hints of sesame, along with the nuttiness of the peanut oil, you can enjoy all of the flavor and creamy texture of this dressing without the guilt of consuming a mayo-based condiment.
This dressing is versatile and can be used for dishes other than salad. I also paired this with roasted vegetables and baked chicken. Not sure where to find miso paste? Follow the link below for a brand available on Amazon.
- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
*Yields 1 Cup
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and salt.
- While whisking constantly, gradually add the peanut and sesame oils, until you have a creamy dressing.
- Be sure to store in a covered container within your fridge; the dressing will last upwards of 3-5 days.