It’s Cinco de Mayo and what better way to celebrate than with fajitas! Try this recipe for fajitas with a zesty kick! Feel free to add more chili powder to give the dish some more heat. Enjoy and Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tsp. lime salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, hot sauce, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, dried oregano, chili powder and red pepper flakes; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in the remaining oil, lime salt, garlic powder and chili powder until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm
- Discard the marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, hot sauce, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream.