I have a secret I want to share with you-this bread is amazing! I know the serving size says ’10-12′, but with sweet bread this good, that is merely a suggestion!
To begin this recipe, you will need to have prepared hard cider applesauce on hand. My recipe for Hard Cider Applesauce was exceptionally easy to make, mashing together ripe Granny Smith apples with Jack’s Original Hard Cider. Any standard hard cider would work with this applesauce recipe, but I felt the dry, crisp finish of Jack’s Original amplified the green apple flavor, which comes through in this sweet bread.
Dense, yet fluffy. Sweet, yet with a hint of spice. Every warm bite of hard cider applesauce bread will have you craving more. Try recreating this recipe into Hard Cider Applesauce Muffins, for a quick breakfast on the go!
Hard Cider Applesauce Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Hard Cider Applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add hard cider applesauce; beat well.
- Stir in flour, soda, spices, and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes, or until done. Serve warm.