If chicken burritos sound like a boring dinner to you, then you have not been making them the right way. That may be brutally honest, but it is 100% true. Here are items that 100% need to be on your checklist to create a flavor-bursting burrito:
✓ Lots of cheese
✓ Spicy seasonings
✓ Mexican lager
Flying Dog has a refreshing beer that matches perfectly with spicy flavors in this recipe. The Numero Uno Agave Cerveza is a Mexican lager from Flying Dog that is best for marinading and easy-drinking on a hot day. Just be sure when you are making the marinade to not pour all of the beer into the marinade- you need something to sip on while you make your burritos!
Mexican Lager Chicken Burritos
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 bottle of Mexican lager
- 3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking chicken, only needed if not grilling
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- chili powder, for garnish
- In a large Ziploc bag, add all the ingredients for the marinade (chicken, oregano, garlic, beer, pepper, salt, cayenne, onion powder) and shake lightly until the chicken is fully covered in the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink and has started to brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Scoop chicken into a soft tortilla shell and then sprinkle with cheese. Wrap up the burrito and place each shell into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas start to crisp up and cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
- While tacos are baking you can make the guacamole.
- Top each taco with guacamole, sour cream and chili powder.